Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Murray Trout, guest blogger, died on Monday, August 26

I was sorry to learn that Murray Trout of Mt. Morris, Illinois and The Villages in Florida died unexpectedly Monday evening.  He had been seen on his usual route that day, biking around the little town he loved and often wrote about. I’d known Murray since 1954 and was on his e-mail list which kept the ex-pats informed of local events and his political views.  This is sad news. I haven’t seen an obituary. I will miss his “Another Mounder passes. . .” e-mails.

Murray in DC 3

Here’s a photo of Murray letting his views be known in Washington, D.C. about 3 years ago.

Murray wrote a nice time line from 1957 on about Kables and printing in Mt. Morris for my blog. http://collectingmythoughts.blogspot.com/2010/12/story-of-kables-and-mt-morris-timeline.html

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sadden right now. I knew nothing about Gravure Printing or Golf for that matter and this crazy guy who was very criticizing took me under his wing ans taught me everything. You will be missed Murray Trout.

Anonymous said...

you wil miss your lefty friend. I am sorry for you

Norma said...

May be the only time Murray was ever called a lefty.

Anonymous said...

I was quite stunned too. And saddened by our loss.

I had the honor to meet Murray last year at a Tea Party event. I am glad I had that opportunity. His wit, humor and vast knowledge on issues will be missed.

I'm sure God has more in store for him. And I hope he keeps us in line, from his vantage point, from above.

Kay (via e-mail)

Anonymous said...

I'll miss all his Mt. Morris and other updates. He really loved Mt. Morris, in my opinion. I'm sure all his Florida friends will miss him, too. Just hard to believe he's gone. I guess he did it the right way - no long illness.