Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Not your insurance, not your doctor, not your drugs

Look what his substandard non-compliant insurance covered: "In August 2013 I became very sick with a strep bacteria poisoning my blood stream. The bacteria blinded my left eye, ate a hole through my heart, caused five strokes on both sides of my brain and forced the removal of my prosthetic left knee." A 12 hour surgery saved his life--he only had a few days to live without it. Now he's been notified that the insurance company will no longer serve his state, so he's losing his insurance. He's hoping he can keep the excellent medical team that saved his life, if and when he finds insurance. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/12/please-pray-for-me-i-am-losing-my-insurance/#!

It’s now coming out that many drugs won’t be covered, or the co-pays will be 40%. An MS drug on the bronze plan will cost about $2,000/month—and that’s actually covered! Out of pocket costs for drugs will not be part of the cap. http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgottlieb/2013/12/09/no-you-cant-keep-your-drugs-either-under-obamacare/

That’s a pretty big trade off for free birth control and pediatric dental coverage.

No comments: