Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Short and sweet

Funnily.  Funny, it's been around since 1814, but I've only noticed it in 2013. http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2010/07/is-funnily-enough-cringeworthy.html

No one seems upset about Robertson when he addresses the sexual sins of 98% of the rest of the population, only gays. I wonder why?

Jesus said there are no goats in heaven, only sheep. (Matt. 25)

83% of abortions in Ohio are for unmarried women, so there are a lot of irresponsible men out there--it takes two.

Past data has found that when it comes to weight loss, race and genetics are real obstacles that doctors just cannot ignore.

The uninsured in the United States get more preventive care than the insured in Canada. John Goodman, MD

When making a resolution, cross out the word "try." It's a wimpy verb.

I was trying to look up some biographical information on W. E. Farbstein, and found this instead. "The dog is mentioned in the Bible eighteen times—the cat not even once." W.E. Farbstein. Quoted in "Hundkeit," Mondo Canine, ed. Jon Winokur, Dutton (1991).

                          Cold shower poem

From my mother’s Commonplace book, 1942 Good Housekeeping

A prayer for 2014: "Two things I ask of you: deny them not to me before I die: Remove far from me falsehood and lying: give me neither poverty nor riches: feed me with the food that is needful for me, lest I be full and deny you and say, “Who is the LORD?” or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God (Proverbs 30:7-9, ESV).

The glaze I made for the ham Christmas Eve was so delicious, I made a small amount to put on cooked carrots for a glaze for a buffet at the Zimmers. I can hardly keep from tasting. Maple syrup (real), red wine vinegar and mustard.

"Femininity has become a legal disability, and the irresponsible male has become a legal ideal." Patrick Lee, Institute of Bioethics at Franciscan University of Steubenville (Ohio)

Best slogan I've seen this week. "Hope and chains."

Who knew? Don't put fresh pears in a fruit salad. Bleh. I should have taken home ec instead of college prep. They turn brown and mushy.

                 1507701_659499510739639_1276906296_n[1]

My son’s living room on Christmas Eve.

Irony. The opposite of wrinkly.

                            1480589_10151813763760658_642299899_n[1]

No comments: