Thursday, October 23, 2014

Obama and the mid-terms, by Krauthammer

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: “ Look, this is a guy who six years ago had a worship service at a Denver stadium, being cheered by people while he was behind Greek columns, a few weeks earlier, he had been the hero of 200,000 Germans in Berlin. I still don't understand what that speech was about. Here was a man -- I mean, as Rich Lowry said earlier tonight, he was a citizen of the world, the most interesting, most sought after political rock star on the planet. And now he's got to hide under his desk until November. This is a total humiliation for him and every once in a while he can't take it so it pops out. This is his way of saying, I transcend the party, I'm bigger than the party, I still am, and I'm still here. I mean he's not going to go out and campaign in these states, obviously, but this is hard for him to take so I would extend a little bit of sympathy for the man. He's under stress.”

Hide under his desk?  Hardly.  He’s been attending all kinds of fund raisers. In fact, when he called 2 off because of Ebola, that was news for days. And he’s back stabbed those running from him by claiming that although he’s not on the ballot his policies are and the incumbents voted with him 99% of the time.  That’s not stress, that’s rude.

No comments: