Saturday, December 03, 2016

The thought police on the Left--in journalism, academe, politics and even the spice store!

If you think the Left/Democrats/Progressives are hard on people who believe in the thousands of years old definition of marriage accepted by all religions and cultures, look what they do to people who don't bow to the gods of the relatively recent religion of climate change (formerly known as global warming):
"I believe climate change is real and that human emissions of greenhouse gases risk justifying action, including a carbon tax. But my research led me to a conclusion that many climate campaigners find unacceptable: There is scant evidence to indicate that hurricanes, floods, tornadoes or drought have become more frequent or intense in the U.S. or globally. In fact we are in an era of good fortune when it comes to extreme weather. This is a topic I’ve studied and published on as much as anyone over two decades. My conclusion might be wrong, but I think I’ve earned the right to share this research without risk to my career." Because he questioned certain graphs in IPCC reports, he was labeled a "climate change denier."
It would be fanciful to think a President Trump could hold back the gestapo thought police and the ideological czars. This began before the Obama years and the high priest Al Gore. Both parties have contributed to the destruction of careers when academics and researchers stray from the thought plantation.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/my-unhappy-life-as-a-climate-heretic-1480723518

And then there's Penzeys.  The nice little spice company. There is a Penzeys store within walking distance of my house, but it might as well be on the moon due to the hate and bigotry of the owner/CEO. Just Google the name and add in the word political, and you'll see what I mean. He doesn't want you as a customer if you didn't vote for his party and his candidate. He's selling finger wagging sermons to spice up your kitchen cabinet. Mr. Penzey, if you use the -ist and -ic terms on me, and I'm tossing them right back.

No comments: