Thursday, March 23, 2017

4,000 miles

Today I crossed over to 4,000 miles on my Exercycle. Two years and 82 days. Started small--it was Indianapolis (180 miles) to see my sister-in-law Jeanie first. Then to California to see my other sister-in-law Debbie. Along the way I dropped 30 pounds which if found, do not return. Actually, by June, 2015 I'd lost 35 lbs., but maintained that only about a week, so I don't count that five pounds.

 Exercise alone can't do it. It was rice and beans, a lot of salads, limited desserts, giving up cheddar cheese and peanut butter, and also getting on the bike when I wanted chocolate pie. Tonight I'm fixing pumpkin pie--and I'll call it a vegetable, and I'll cut the pieces a little smaller so they won't be 340 calories.

Today I've been watching YouTube travel videos of Glasgow and Edinburgh while I exercise.  It's for our up coming trip to Scotland, the dates of which I haven't exactly nailed down, but we're working on it.  In watching them, it's hard to believe we're all speaking English.
Image result for Glasgow cathedral
Glasgow Cathedral, Scottish Gothic architecture was built between the 13th & 15th centuries

No comments: