Friday, June 16, 2017

Comey the leaker

 "My judgment was I needed to get [the memos] out into the public square," Comey said. "So, I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. I didn't do it myself for a variety of reasons, but I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel."  I wonder how "I asked a friend.." works in murder or a robbery?


Gob smacked is what Judicial Watch described their reaction. We weren't in the country during the testimony--blissfully unaware traveling in Scotland. But I think everyone is shocked by Comey's illegal behavior of leaking his memo--but one more piece of evidence in Trump's favor.  It was worse than even Trump suspected.  I don't expect the Never Trumper Republicans to eat crow.  Comey is another Reality Winner (NSA contractor), just another member of the Deep State attempting to thwart the November election.  Trump is not our problem--it's the unelected.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ1MDKlgrnE 

 "The testimony of James Comey proved long on atmospherics and short on ethics. While many were riveted by Comey’s discussion of his discomfort in meetings with President Trump, most seemed to miss the fact that Comey was describing his own conduct in strikingly unethical terms. The greatest irony is that Trump succeeded in baiting Comey to a degree that even Trump could not have imagined. After calling Comey a “showboat” and poor director, Comey proceeded to commit an unethical and unprofessional act in leaking damaging memos against Trump."   http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/337160-opinion-the-damaging-case-against-james-comey

 https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/06/09/yes-james-b-comey-is-a-leaker-but-all-leaks-are-not-created-equal/   Washington Post, of course, says not big deal. Who knew?

The Comey story is dead, done, zip. Nothing against Trump, all against Comey.  Democrats had to move on, and then came the shooting and bumped their crushed hopes off the front page.


No comments: