Friday, September 01, 2017

Good bye to our bicycles

The Archives at Lakeside sale begins today. It's the major fund raiser for that wonderful organization. We donated two bikes (each over 40 years old with lots of good memories), a cedar chest probably from the 1920s-30s which had belonged to Florence, the previous owner, and things we found in the chest that we'd forgotten. That inspired a look at the storage shed that now only had one bike, and lots of unused tools also were donated. Not sure why we had a spade, axe and hoe--maybe belonged to Frank, the previous owner. Some items were unusable and taken to the trash. We have more room on the porch now (where the cedar chest sat). 

A lot of my past was donated this year--special dresses from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s even the 90s, my wedding dress made by my mother, my "mother of the bride" dress from 1993, my huge cat memorabilia collection, and now the bicycles.

Story of our bikes.

No comments: