Monday, April 16, 2018

Observations at a recital

Yesterday we attended a musical recital.  Everyone there was a parent spouse or sibling of one of the pupils, except us.  Afterwards, as we were on our way to our next event (an unusually busy Sunday), my husband asked if I enjoyed it.  “Enjoy” is not exactly a word I’d choose for beginners’ and learners’ music, but I certainly enjoyed meeting the people, watching the pride in the students’ accomplishments, and. . . wondering about the ethnicities.

Four of the five children were from families of mixed ethnicity; three were Asian and Caucasian, and one was African-American and Asian. I think this may reflect the interest Asian parents have in music and exposing their children to opportunities to excel or at least to perform. 

No comments: